This list is for tourists and residents. There is some content that may not be appropriate for younger readers, but nonetheless I thought was important to provide.
As a town that welcomes visitors, we hope that your stay here in Wasaga Beach is all sunshine and warm sand, but if you find yourself looking for a hospital, or a place to stay to avoid abuse, the following list should help get you started.
For Lost Children on the Beach
- If you have lost a child, contact park staff at 705-429-2516 or the OPP at 911 immediately.
My Friend's House
Serving Wasaga Beach
Emergency Shelter for Abused Women with or without Children
Mailing Address: PO Box 374 Collingwood, ON LY9 3Z7
Tel: (705) 444-2586
Fax: (705) 444-5289
If you need help or information Call our 24-hr. Crisis & Info Line Now.
705-444-2511 or toll-free at 1-800-265-2511
- Tel: 705-429-5281
Fire Station One (Headquarters)
966 River Road West
Fire Station Two
3050 Mosley Street, Wasaga
Mailing Address: 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 1A1
- Address: 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 1A1
Tel: 705-429-3844 Ext. 2251
Ontario Provincial Police (Wasaga Beach Detachment)
- Address: 1000 River Rd W, Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 1A1
Public Works Department
- Address: 150 Westbury Rd, Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 2K5
- Wasaga Beach Ministerial Food Bank
Address: 1360 Mosley St., Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 2C5
Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 10: am - 1 pm
Thursday Evenings 7 pm - 8:30pm
- If you are looking for information about reproductive choices, here are some good reading materials:
Includes information about how to recognize and avoid Crisis Pregnancy Centers, which may provide misleading information to women who are facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- The Canadians for Choice main page is here: http://www.canadiansforchoice.ca
Women's Health Clinic in Toronto: http://www.cabbagetownwomensclinic.com
Free Services for Women (up to 23 weeks)
Canadians for Choice Toll-free Information and Referral Line: 1888-642-2725