Parking At The Beach
- Date added:
- Sunday, 05 July 2009
- Last revised:
- Thursday, 02 May 2013
Where to Park
There are 3 types of parking lots in Wasaga Beach: Provincial, Municipal and Private. It's good to know which is which as they can be priced quite differently.
My best advice is to grab a Municipal spot as they tend to be the least expensive, and there is no danger that you will be towed so long as your receipt is clearly displayed in your car window. On long weekends, these spots can be taken up quickly so arrive early enough to get a decent spot. It you haven't been to Wasaga Beach in a few years, you might believe that parking will be difficult - as it once was, but spaces have been increased to address any past problems. The only real issue is what you will pay.
I do not have much info on private lots due the their varied nature. You may see businesses which allow visitors to park on busy days for just $5. Some businesses include parking for paying customers. Do be aware that some of these businesses are serious about the "pay" part. They may tow you if you do not comply which would be an expensive and inconvenient day. Do not assume that if you do not see a sign, it's okay to park. Parking overnight anywhere without permission can get you in trouble.
Most accommodations have enough parking to deal with visitors but occasionally you need more spots than they can provide. Most of the lots do not allow for overnight stays. However, I have found most businesses to be quite accommodating. If you ask nicely and offer to pay for the privilege, many will help you out.
Provincial Park Seasonal Passes:
- You can purchase seasonal parking passes for the Provincial Park lots by phoning: 1-800-668-9938 or by purchasing your pass online at http://www.ontarioparks.ca
Here is the direct link for the parking pass page at Ontario Parks. http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/passes.html
If you find the link broken, please email me to let me know.
- There is an online store where you can purchase a seasonal pass - Click Here.
Note: Orders that need to be mailed are subject to a shipping charge.
- The price for the Provincial Park season parking pass is $95.25 plus HST (Valid April 1, 2013 to November 30, 2013).
- The off-season day rate is: 14.00 (HST included)
Week - $16.00 (HST included)
Weekends and holidays $20.00 (HST included)
Municipal Parking Lots
- $2 per hour (HST included)
- $10 for the day (HST included)
If you have any questions that are not answered here, these are your contacts:
- The Provincial Park contact number is 705-429-2516
- Town of Wasaga Beach By-Law Department at 705-429-2511